10 Things You Should Never Tweet
Twitter is wonderful tool for social networking; it’s a fun way to show off
your wit and it’s also entertaining to keep tabs on your favorite celebrities.
But then there is the darker side of Twitter, which nearly everyone got a
glimpse into a few weeks back thanks to Anthony Weiner.
So in the spirit of all things inappropriate and digital, we’ve come up with
a nifty list of things that never need to be tweeted:
1. That you’re having sex.right.this.moment.
2. That you’re concerned your period is late.
3. That you’re disappointed in his, err, size. Really
anything about his size.
4. Speaking of sizes, there’s no need to tweet pictures of
your goodies. Ever.
5. Childbirth. Not long ago a woman live-tweeted her labor.
The internet was not impressed. Or kind.
6. Weddings. A simple “congrats to @Mr and @Mrs on tying the
knot!” after the lovebirds say “I do” can be sweet. But tweeting during actual
the ceremony? Not so much.
7. Your phone number or email address. Speaking from
experience here; my spam folder is out of control!
8. Announcing that you’re angry with (and therefore
trash-talking) your boyfriend, best friend, mom, boss or dog.
9. That you’re stuck in traffic. Put the phone down and
concentrate on the (slow) moving road ahead!
10. Anything you’d hesitate saying in person. If you’re
unsure about saying it to someone’s face or to a group of people, it’s probably
not the best idea to broadcast it in 140 characters.